Kinston, North Carolina
Kinston, North Carolina Hiring Event
Hiring Event Details
What to expect at the hiring event?
- Only candidates who have submitted an RSVP to attend the hiring event via the below link will be granted entry into the facility.
- Candidates should wear closed-toe shoes for plant tour.
- Upon arrival at Wayne-Sanderson Farms’ facility, job seekers will check-in at the gate.
- Candidates will then be directed to a designated parking spot.
- If the candidate has not already applied for a position with Wayne-Sanderson Farms online, they will be instructed to do so from the vehicle using their smart phone. If you do not have a mobile device, on-site computers will be available to complete an application.
- After check-in and online application are complete, candidates will proceed inside the facility to the receptionist.
- Please bring a valid photo identification with you.
- Applicants will then have drug and physical screenings conducted.
- If applicants pass drug and physical screenings, a background check will be conducted.
- If candidates’ background check is approved, they will be scheduled for orientation.
- All individuals will exit the property immediately upon conclusion of the hiring process.
Entry-level employees begin earning $16.70 per hour on first shift with pay increasing to $18.20 per hour on second and third shifts. While terms and conditions will apply, most entry-level plant production positions also qualify for a $1,500 sign and stay bonus earned over a 90-day period. The company offers competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, paid vacation and holidays and 401k savings plan.
Wayne-Sanderson Farms is committed to keeping a safe environment during our hiring events. In an effort to keep yourself and others safe by preventing the spread of COVID-19, please do not attend a hiring event if you are experiencing symptoms including fever, cough and shortness of breath.
$16.70 per hour
Entry-level employees begin earning $16.70 per hour on first shift with pay increasing to $18.20 per hour on second and third shifts. While terms and conditions will apply, most entry-level plant production positions also qualify for a $1,500 sign and stay bonus earned over a 90-day period.
Line Operator open positions are available on first, second and third shifts. Shift times vary based on the area of the facility in which employees work. On first shift, employees working in first processing begin work at 4:45 a.m., employees working in second processing begin work at 7:15 a.m. and employees working on third processing will work varied hours. On second shift, employees working in first processing begin work at 1:30 p.m., employees working in second processing begin work at 4:15 p.m. and employees working on third processing will work varied hours. On third shift, employees working in first processing sanitation begin work at 10:30 p.m., employees working in second processing sanitation begin work at 12:30 a.m. and employees working on third processing will work varied hours. Shifts are approximately eight hours in length with employees working Monday-Friday with occasional work on Saturdays.
- To work in a fast paced, repetitive motion production area by preparing the product to a sellable form
- May require the use of knives and/or scissors
- Satisfactory attendance and job performance must be maintained in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as directed by supervisor
In addition to meeting the basic qualifications for new employees, the employee must also meet the following requirements:
- Able to work in various temperatures ranging from warm humid conditions to cold environments of 32 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit
- Able to work in wet, moist conditions
- Able to grasp, reach, push and pull
- Able to lift 10 lbs., and occasionally 40 lbs. or more, utilizing proper lifting techniques
- Able to work in a noisy environment
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to wear all required Personal Protective Equipment at all times
- Tolerate exposure to chemicals within OSHA limits
- May be required to work long hours, holidays or weekends